The SCS Tracker / DSP TNC is the first Terminal Node Controller (TNC) to use a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) for signal processing and modem operation. The close relationship between the DSP hardware and the modem protocols enables new functions and capabilities.
The Tracker / DSP TNC comes standard with a temperature compensated crystal oscillator for stability, GPS interface for GPS position reporting and Packet-Radio operation for VHF and UHF up to 19200 baud.
- All common Packet-Radio modes including SCS Robust-Packet-Radio
- Very compact unit, 3.25" W x 0.9" H x 4.1"D
- APRS stand alone operation
- Extreme low power consumption, typical < 50 mA
- GPS NMEA interface, input and output
- Very reliable and flicker free DCD achieved with unique DCD DSP algorithms
- New multi-detector for 300 Bd AFSK. The DSP automatically processes a frequency range of ±400 Hz looking for 300 Bd transmissions and receives all detected signals in parallel. Extra tuning by the user is no longer necessary any more as precise tuning on the receiver side is achieved automatically
- Special transmit and receive filters for 1200 Bd AFSK, to avoid adjacent channel interference and degradations from AC hum
- Adaptive DC removal by the DSP at 9600 and 19200 Bd Direct FSK